Friday, July 10, 2009

And then I'm done with it (I think...)

So what's the antithesis of Pastor Smith's honest assessment that the "king of pop is now bowing to the King of Kings"? It absolutely has to be Al Sharpton's statement at the memorial that was directed to Michael's three children: "Kids, wuhn't nuthin' strange about yo daddy!" Sir, I beg to differ...

Exhibit A:
(This is a photo from the raid on Neverland Ranch in 2003. TMZ.com posted about 50 official photos from the Sheriff's Department and there were many more of these strange childlike mannequins in other photos. All were fully dressed and lounging about in a filthy, cluttered room. Note the ornate gold [probably 24K] chair.)

Exhibit B:

(PS: "Blanket," that's you, honey. Smile! You're hanging from a 5th-story balcony with nothing but a throng of paparazzi to break your fall!)

Exhibit C:

(The first picture is MJ in his early teen years while the bottom is a mugshot from the year 2003, approximately 30 years later. For the record, Jackson said he simply "matured" and only underwent two nose surgeries.)

Now it's a shame that I'm somehow a racist if I think Michael Jackson was a freakshow. That's why I'm going to report and you can decide. But I will say that there's no way anyone with an IQ over 50 can deduce that Michael Jackson was one of the world's greatest humanitarian and a bastion of normalcy who was simply the victim of the white man's negative press. I won't even go into Quincy Jones' statement that Jackson "obviously didn't want to be black" because honestly I don't care about any of it! Seriously, I couldn't care less about his racial aspirations. However, I would pedal a bike to Encino CA tomorrow if I'd have a chance to tell his children face-to-face that they don't have to be defined by their daddy's choices. They have the privilege of remembering only the wonderful characteristics of their father while disregarding all the bizarre and queer behavior that seemed to engulf him in the end. They don't have to go into The Biz (no matter WHAT your Grandpa Joe or Uncle Jermaine may say!) or remain a pawn for their gold-digging, egg donor mother. Ultimately, they can eventually fade into the background if they so choose as I think this too shall pass. Most of all, I pray they know that they are loved very much by a Heavenly Father who can literally move mountains to give them a hope and a future. So to Prince, Paris, and Blanket I say, "Call me." (Or at the very least email me at stephsotherspace@gmail.com and I'll send you my number.)

No comments: