Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Christmas Post (including obligatory kids w/Santa pics!)



Can you tell which of my sons is easy-going and which one is, um, not so much? My mother-in-law took our boys to see the Walmart Santa (obviously) while we were in Atlanta for the SECC game. These complimentary (using that term loosely) pics are definitely keepers!


Speaking of Santa, here's a verbatim (well, minus the embedded links) copy of Ricky Bobby's wish list to Santa:

1. Viking helmet (bet you were thinking this!)
2. Old-school football helmet
3. Arkansas mascot
4. Rolling-Gantry crane
5. RC toy from Toy Story 2
6. Blu-Ray
7. Blu-Ray DVDs (well, he didn't specify but I imagine something along those lines)
8. Walkie Talkies
9. Pirate playset
10. #1 Alabama vs. Ole Miss DVD (even I don't know when this matchup occurred... Anyone? Anyone?)
11. 1934 Alabama vs. 1934 UT DVD (hey, at least we won!)

As a sidenote, Ricky Bobby does in fact know what a Blu-Ray is, which is bizarro unto itself because we don't own one nor have we even talked about acquiring one (you know that much is true because we would have "discussed" it here first!)

And while I'm embarassing Ricky Bobby, here's an excerpt from his Sunday School sheet a couple of days ago: "I'm thankful for my pets JJ, Cotton, Sassy, and Horhay (The Fish), fiber, spaghetti, Crabman* (My brother), and me!" That kid... he has a real knack for making people laugh, even when he's not trying to be funny. I think he gets that from me. Hmph.

*No, he did not call him Crabman. He used his real name but you know the drill!

And not to be outdone, Crabman had his own funny moment last week while we were Christmas shopping. You see, we've tried to make a habit out of letting our kids drop some money in the Salvation Army bucket each time we see one and it's usually the highlight of Crabman's outing. Well, Plumberboy never has coin change so he just gives Crabman a dollar bill. The other day I had lots of errands to run so I decided to give Crabman a couple of quarters since we'd probably see lots of bellringers that morning but he chastised me quite loudly, saying "No, mama. It costs a dollar!" So now I suppose Walmart has a $1 cover charge until after the Holidays.

Sorry, folks. I wish I had something more entertaining and/or enlightening for you but I'm really pressed for time! I do wish each and everyone of you a Christmas filled with the peace that only comes from faith in Jesus Christ. That's what Christmas is all about and it's God's free gift to everyone.


Merry Christmas from me and my family!

2008: 'Tis the season, indeed!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Those Santa pics are hysterical.
Great post.

Stacy said...

I LOVE the Santa pics! It looks like everything was photoshopped together! The santa faces look fake and then the boys, Ricky Bobby particularly, just look awkwardly placed within the picture. SO FUNNY! (glad the pics were freebies!)