Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hope

God has really had the word "hope" on my mind and in my heart a lot lately. And I mean a lot. It all started with this dear woman, whom I implore you to pray for through our Lord Jesus Christ as Hope and her family are certainly deserving of our prayers and thoughts this Christmas season. And man I wish she knew just how much she is on my mind. All. the. time.

Then I read this today. I forwarded it to both Hope's husband and a friend of hers. Hopefully (there it is again!), it will be a blessing to someone along the way. It certainly was to me. And then, just now, my husband forwarded me this. I pray someday in my life I can do something as powerful and fulfilling as that. Wow.

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
Romans 5:3-5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow.