Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Disjointed Thoughts

I'll be impressed if any of you (besides my immediate family) are still checking this blog. I know, I know...my posts have been few and far between for several weeks now and that doesn't look to change anytime soon. It's spring, which means soccer (3 times a week!) and Ricky Bobby's school's annual festival fundraiser (I'm in charge of advertising!) and of course the laborious painting of the brick at our house. Anyway, I am looking forward to a leisurely summer (ha!) when I can sit at home and perhaps even post more frequently. I have so many thoughts I would like to put into writing before November. Until then, look for more posts full of disjointed thoughts.

1. Grammaw is still physically with us here on earth. She is essentially defying every medical odd out there and the family has officially started calling her The Energizer Bunny. Spirits are good within the family but overall the physical and emotional stress coupled with all the uncertainty about plans is taking its toll. That's all I have to say about that.

2. Ricky Bobby rocked his soccer game last night. It was fun... and quite unexpected! I felt so bad for him at practice the night before because he just didn't seem to be on the "same playing field" as the others but I was pleasantly surprised (and obviously wrong) last night. Good for him!

3. Plumberboy, in perhaps the most disgusting romantic gesture ever during our long relationship, drank sour milk for me last Saturday. After inspecting the milk carton dates, I poured my morning cup of SlimFast and quickly noticed an odd taste. I thought it was just my imagination/paranoia over a close call with the expiration date when I noticed Plumberboy was spewing out his own breakfast around the corner. He hollered out something about "nasty sour milk" right as I swallowed my third spoonful of SlimFast. Since this is me we're talking about, I started freaking out about drinking rotten milk and the possible violent upchucking that would ensue. (I mean, seriously, is there is a worse way to go than food poisoning?!?!) So in an effort to make me feel better about having consumed a considerable amount of sour milk, Plumberboy chugged a mouthful straight from the carton. Neither of us ever got sick but I think he regretted his chivalrous actions for the next hour as he had to live with the lingering taste of sour milk in his mouth.

4. My phone is ringing off the hook with PTA stuff and it's very hard to concentrate on this post so I shall end it here. I see things all the time that I would love to link to but that takes time and energy, neither of which are in abundance around here. I implore those of you who follow all things random (and search the internet for Garfield images) to stick with me as I will eventually get back to more entertaining and/or thought-provoking posts in the future. Until then, I found this random little nugget a while back. It's related to a link I posted in the very beginning of Steph's Other Space but that initial link has since expired. However, I promise this one is infinitely more entertaining. That's how they do it in Eugene, fool!

Until I post again...

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm still here. This is a routine stop on my daily checklist of sites I go to. I actually visit your blog before mine.

Anonymous said...

I'm here!
I love watching mascots fight.
Jen C

Anonymous said...

The nugget was awesome!

Anonymous said...

I can think of words other than "romantic" for Plumberboy's milk drinking escapade...

Anonymous said...

Exactly what I thought Donald Duck did on his days off. He seems like the type to have an alter ego that listens to rap music and knows how to rumble.

And on another note EWWWWWW! I'm not sure if I'd give my hubby a kiss for that kind of antic, but he surely cured any possible disease as laughter is the best medicine and I bet you were both rolling on the floor.