Monday, April 21, 2008

Mr. Plumberboy Update (how's that for service?!?!)

*Please keep in mind that this information refers to my father-in-law, henceforth referred to as Mr. Plumberboy, and not my husband, Plumberboy. We have found that grade school-aged children tend to call parents by their child's name, except with the appropriate Mister or Miss in front of it. Using the same logic, I suppose I could refer to him as "Hey, Plumberboy's Dad" but that seems entirely too much to type everytime. I will work on a new code name for Mr. Plumberboy. Until then, here's the aforementioned update:

He does in fact have a detached retina. Surgery is scheduled for 7 AM tomorrow morning. It appears that he will need a vitrectomy with a fluid-gas exchange so he'll be face-down for the following 24 to 48 hours. I'm currently debating whether or not I need to go up there. Mrs. Plumberboy says no but I feel bad sitting around here, knowing she's up there alone. What to do... what to do?

In case you are new to this country and have not quite learned our "lingo," let me take this opportunity to help you with one particular phrase, "That sucks." Read below...

Mr. Plumberboy to Mrs. Plumberboy: "Honey, just think... in a couple of days we'll be on our way to vacation in Palm Beach."
Doctor: "Uh, no. You'll be face-down recovering from surgery and trying to regrow your eyeball."
Mr. Plumberboy to all within earshot" "That sucks!"

No comments: