Thursday, March 20, 2008

Better late than never?

My apologies to my friend Stacie for waiting until the end of the day to put off uploading an embarassing picture of myself to wish her a Happy 30th Birthday! Would you believe Blogger was down? ;)

Here's the birthday girl exactly 14 years ago... not quite 16 anymore! (But I must honestly say she's one of those annoying people who ages well...)


Here's a goofy picture of the two of us from high school (per our usual). I'm sad that my old pics aren't better organized, making it very hard to put my hands on them at any given time, because I really do have some doozies of us from back in the day. Doesn't she look like a Disney princess in this picture (that's infinitely better than a squished up Barbie head!):


And now my real present to Stacie on this, her birthday:


You see, Stacie's real passion in life is not Auburn football, it's not flicking plastic things at me in a JC Penney warehouse (well, maybe it's a tie)... it's taking really bad pictures of me. In my quest for embarassing Stacie photos to post here today, I realized that there aren't really any embarassing photos of her because she was entirely too busy taking embarassing pictures of me. She stands about 6 inches shorter than me so she loved asking (read: making) me dress up in her clothes, then taking pictures of the resulting high-water pants and cropped-on-me tops. Usually she proceeded to tease my hair out or encourage me to put on some really wacky makeup and THEN SHE WOULD TAKE A PHOTOGRAPH so that said embarassing moment was forever a part of recorded history. And if you don't think that particular photo was all that bad, find Stacie and ask her to show you one from her own personal stash. (Note to self: Take extreme measures to keep Stacie from acquiring computer scanner.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STACIE!

PS: Feel free to leave your birthday wishes for her in the comments section.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmmm... That Sweet 16 picture is awful. Thanks to my dad for always supplying me with cheesy t-shirts to mark milestones in my life. And a Disney Princess, I don't really think so but thanks. Loving the last picture. Not sure Kristin would appreciate it but it's a good thing she isn't looking forward. Funny thing is as I was going through old stuff this weekend, I did happen upon a picture I took of you from our trip to T-town your freshman year. I plan on mailing it to you, so you will be in sole possession of it instead of me. I plan to send it along with Lacey doing the Thriller. Perhaps you can scan that one.

Stacy said...

Stacie, send pictures to ME and I will make sure they make it online :)

Wait...then Steph might retaliate...and she's got pretty good access to some BAAHHHD pictures.

So, never mind.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, though! Y'all are getting old!