Tuesday, June 3, 2008

...And two more movie reviews

First, there's Bella. It was just okay as far as actual entertainment goes. But it gets muy bonus points for message and heart (spoiler alert!). Regardless... ladies, you'll thank me afterwards. That's all I'm sayin'.

Second, The Great Debaters. Pretty good I suppose. Based on a true story so that definitely gives it some bonus points. I always prefer something quasi-true as opposed to something along the lines of--oh, just for reference's sake--24. (If 24 is in any way realistic to you, please abstain from voting this November. Or other irreversible activity.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen either one of those. We may get the Great Debaters sometime. I forgot we've seen American Gangster (Denzel Washington made me think of it). We liked it. We also saw Michael Clayton. I thought it was a bit long and boring, Pat liked it. And just because movies are the subject of this post, I watched Elizabethtown on TBS this past weekend. I forgot that I really liked it. It's proof that music and totally make a movie. The soundtrack to that movie is fantastic and Orlando bloom is such a cutie.

Shannon said...

Um, latino Brad Pitt? He puts Brad Pitt to shame! He makes Brad Pitt look like Clay Aiken!! I think I need to put that movie on my Netflix queue. By the way, Stacie, August Rush is on it's way to my house! In fact, I'm gonna go check my mailbox right now! It's been on wait since the day it came out. I'll let you know how good it is. I think I teared up the first time I saw the preview for it. Am I a big crybaby or what?!?

Steph said...

Um, Shannon... I haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about regarding this Mexican Brad Pitt. :)

And I've been meaning to tell both of you that you should consider Blockbuster by mail. I think the rates have gone up since we joined but we have been VERY happy with the service. We get all the new releases ASAP plus you can exchange them for new movies in a Blockbuster store at no charge so basically you get double the amount of movies for the price.