Monday, June 9, 2008

Yet more movie reviews for your reading pleasure

We're in countdown mode around our house now. Only 2 more full days before we head out for a little vacay. (Yes, P-Paw, I am aware of how "dangerous" it is to announce to the WORLD WIDE WEB that we're going on vacation but I'm not mentioning that someone could be staying at our house or that our dogs aren't going with us. PLUS all of 3, maybe 4, people read this blog... you included.) Anyway, back to what's going on with us. Plumberboy is working his tail off. I can't sleep at night because I'm thinking about all the things I need to get done before we go. The kids are really excited about Florida but mostly because we bought an adapter for our van so they can play Gamecube on the road.

I'm exhausted with two heavy sedatives "little helpers" on board so I'll get to the point. We saw Resurrecting The Champ this weekend and it was pretty good. In fact, it was very interesting/entertaining so I recommend it. Just beware that it's not true verbatim but is in fact loosely based on a true story (lots of spoilers obviously.) Also, I neglected to mention that we also watched Waitress a while back. We saw it right before Juno, which made for interesting back-to-back unplanned pregnancy movie nights. Of course I much preferred Juno but Waitress had a certain heart to it so I suppose that makes a thumbs-up from me. Pick up Bella to complete the trifecta on unplanned pregnancy movies.

Okay, that's it for now. Utterly boring I know but it is coherent, right? Somewhat? Well, that's probably more than most folks could type under the aforementioned influences. That reminds me of just one last completely random though. I sliced my fingertip a couple of days ago on a small steak knife in my utensil drawer. There was definitely no major trauma but boy has it thrown a monkey wrench in my typing. I can type away on my laptop because the keys are softer but my transcription software is only loaded on my desktop. I pray it will heal up very soon. If not, I guess a good dose of saltwater is in order.

Have a good evening y'all...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved The Waitress. I have a soft spot for Keri Russell as I was a HUGE Felicity fan. I tend to also love her movies.

Jenny said...

Something about The Waitress bothered me. Oh right, it was the infidelity that got in the way of the dreamy doc fantasy...

Steph said...

Yeah, the infidelity was creepy and disgusting... especially on the doctor's part! I'm not sure what Adriane Shelley was trying to convey with that whole situation but in the end, the way "Felicity's" (do you think she'll ever be remembered for anything else?) respect for the life of her kid and ultimately her unconditional, intense love-at-first-sight of her child made me forgive the rest of the movie. I should have given it a thumbs-sideways.