Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thoughts and prayers...

Thanks be to God because it is raining as I type (and sounds so good!) I know I probably seem like some sort of crazy person obsessing about the rain but an ongoing severe drought is the last thing this sagging economy needs. Although you would never know that there is a recession slump here as Plumberboy remains so busy. He's doing lots of work in the "field" where it is good and hot... welcome home I suppose!

Anyway, check out Crosby's page and please add his mom, Meredith, to your prayer list. She is now anxiously awaiting results from her own biopsy. I feel so bad for this family as they have been through so much already. I somewhat know what it feels like to be stuck in a vicious circle of bad news and worry. And I also know there are all sorts of little saying about not worrying if you're praying, etc but those were obviously said by people who didn't have a sick kid or a sick spouse. It's impossible not to worry with the frail hearts and flesh that God gave us for this world but it is possible to have a peace that surpasses understanding. I'm praying that for Team Nathaniel!

One last thing, yes I am aware of Jimmy Johns situation at Alabama. What more can I say? I've acknowledged many times on this very blog that our team is full of thugs who need to move on. It looks like Johns will be doing just that (on the taxpayers' dime)... and what a waste it is. My kids will never have the raw talent he had but he just goes and throws his all away. (As a sidenote, if memory serves me correctly, Jimmy Johns is a parent himself.) Doesn't he know that at the very least he could have successfully sold insurance in this state for the rest of his life? Don't follow in his footsteps, Baby Ro! (And no, that's not a code name for one of my younguns.)

PS: Upon reading some of today's articles, I'm guardedly optimistic that Johns' behavior was in no way condoned by his teammates seeing as he took great measures to hide his secret. On the other hand, his frat boy customers knew exactly who they were dealing with. Typical. Seriously, typical.

ADDENDUM: Apparently Jimmy Johns could have tried just a little harder to hide his side job. The police report indicates Johns sold dope in the parking lot of the football complex!!! But in fairness to Saban, those deals went down last week and can you imagine the uproar if Saban had kicked Johns off the team just for looking out his office window, seeing Jimmy Johns talking to a white dude, and assuming he must be a drug dealer. Much thanks to Mr. Johns for putting us in this situation. Har.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad, sad, sad. It's all sad. Even JJ. It makes you truly thankful for things in your life.