Friday, August 29, 2008

It's A Gift

*Editor's Note: So today I'll have to let the typing, cleaning, packing, etc slide for a few hours more because I am most definitely going to find the time to blog.

Okay, seriously, I'm totally stoked about Sarah Palin as McCain's running mate. I'm also a little in shock a la Mal Moore actually bringing home "Saint Nick" from Miami as a belated Christmas present. (Yes, I can relate virtually anything to football. It's a gift. And you're welcome.) You see, just when I thought ole Pop-Pop, my pet name for Bama's AD Mal Moore at the time, was clearly senile--bordering on the need for institutionalization-- he proved me wrong. It turns out he was in fact crazy... like a fox. All his foes underestimated him and in the end, Pop-Pop was the last one laughing. In much the same way it appears John McCain, forever a candidate but never the prez, appears to have been sand-baggin' all along. I mean, Joe Lieberman? Come on! Turns out he was just setting the table for us, my friends. Out of his hat comes what may be the most shrewd political move of the 21st century (I know, it's only 2008!) and to all us gals out there who know women can and must do everything the men do--except backwards and in heels without breaking a sweat-- it's a historic day when we can actually rally behind another woman. Sure, there's been Geraldine Ferraro but she stood for so much of what I stand against. It seems today really is a good day, all my girlfriends! It's a gift.... a gorgeous hand-wrapped gift with a shiny red bow on top.

Choke on it moveon.org!

Signs of the times:

Okay, I couldn't even wait for the real signs to be made!



Celebrating with another generation of women (who also happens to be my neighbor)... I'm glad many of them have lived long enough to see this moment and am praying they'll all make it to November to see it happen for real (then I guess they'll still have to hang on until January for the inauguration...):

(Um, who's neck looks older? Mine, definitely. I'll attribute it to a "bad" angle.)

No explanation should be necessary but if so, then because it's football season:

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Cute entry and pics.

Shannon said...

Love it, love it!
I'm so glad McCain chose her. I was going to vote for him anyway, of course, but knowing that she's part of the package is SUCH A HUGE RELIEF!! She's exactly the conservative yet, dare I say, frisky running mate he needed.

Shannon said...

PS- LOVE the sign... send me one?

Steph said...

Thanks gals! Shannon, I will be happy to pass along my rinky-dink homemade sign once my "real" one comes in the mail. You can order them online for $7 and have it shipped to your house OR look to the local Republican chapter for a free one. Just by and by, the homemade sign is embarassing the crap out of Plumberboy!