Thursday, October 9, 2008

Nosedive

Stocks plummeting, people panicking... and I'm not even talking about football (for once!) Nope, not this week in honor of the bye week for my beloved Crimson Tide. In fact, it's a bye week here at Steph's Other Space. Busy, busy times. Ugh.

Alas, I couldn't see the Dow dips almost 700 points (again!) without making some sort of quasi-statement here. First of all, I'm glad I'm broke (relatively speaking anyway) as the fluctuations don't mean that much to you when you have so very little invested in the market anyway. But I know there are lots and lots out there whose stomachs are in knots as they watch the ole ticker everyday just to see their hard-earned pennies melt away. I have no good advice whatsoever (I mean, shifting all your assets into gold would have been genius a few weeks ago but that's too little, too late now!) so I thought I'd refer you to my favorite financial handbook to see what it says. Hang in there, folks! God watches o'er His own.

Jesus said "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:19-21

No comments: