Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Someday...

...I'll finally get around to posting more about politics (um, I have exactly 7 days to try to change the collective mind of 2/3 of the electorate but I'll settle for two or three random Obama supporters who might stumble across my blog.) For now I wanted to link to this story and implore you all to read, even though it is in fact UA-football-related. You won't be sorry you did, unless you don't like crying at your computer.


Jesus said, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13

PS: I'm such a nerd (don't have to tell you!) and every week during football season I change my profile pic on my myspace page to represent the player/person of the game (sometimes it's JP Wilson, sometimes it's UGA, as in the dog. I almost used a photoshopped pic this week of Phil Fulmer wearing a shirt that read "I beat anorexia" but I digress...) Anyhoo, Saturday night I "awarded" this highest honor to Roy Upchurch just because something seemed so inspired and special about his performance. Guess now I know why. (I can't get the a pic of Upchurch from Saturday's game to upload properly so check it out here. If you look closely on his left arm, the tape reads "RIP Micah.")

UPDATE: Ian Rapoport, the guy who wrote that article, posted a little bit of background on his blog. Good stuff, as well as the comments the readers left behind.

No comments: