Monday, January 12, 2009

I was afraid this was going to happen...

I know a lot of people were a little more at ease with President-Elect Obama after his choice of Rick Warren for the invocation at the inauguration. Unfortunately, I figured something like this would eventually happen. Now I'm not giving up on Barack Obama and his ability to lead our country in a positive direction (nor am I saying "I told ya so") but I am quite concerned about Obama's propensity for easily being led astray. And just for the record, what I find offensive about Gene Robinson from that article has nothing to do with his sexuality... it's his flippant attitude towards God's word. I'm not sure what version he reads, but I've never ever come across a Bible that paints God or His plan for our lives as "happy, clappy."

PS: Dear Mr. Robinson, please go about your business doing as you please and so long as you're not breaking any laws or imposing your will on me or my family, I'll gladly (no pun intended) let you be. However, I'd like to respectfully request that you stop calling yourself a Christian. You're not so I'll continue to call you out whenever and wherever I can if you continue to do so. Have a happy, clappy day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to ask that YOU not call yourself a Christian. Christians DON'T judge!

Steph said...

You can ask all you want... won't change a thing, anonymous. By the way, God appointed HUMAN judges many, many times. It's in the Bible, the Old Testament I believe. And I aim not to judge but to discern.