Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You can dance on top of a book! (Updated with less annoying version of video but now there's a new more disturbing video to boot!)

Seriously, there's something for everyone (including facebook crossovers!) I really am about to quit wasting time on the computer but not before I embed quite possibly the worst bootlegged video in the history of youtube. Maybe your computer's speakers are better than my laptop but just in case they aren't, the raccoon is saying "I got rabies for learnin'."



UPDATE: I have three words: Hip Hop Harry. I thought "Da Learnin' Train" was spoofing Yo Gabba Gabba (which I heart) and Choo Choo Soul from Playhouse Disney. Aye-yi-yi. This is fo' real and apparently you really can watch it on Discovery Kids. (Plus it's also currently On Demandizzle with Charter Cabizzle. Word.):

5 comments:

Steph said...

PS: I'll take this link off after a day or two if I can't figure out how to disable the autoplay feature.

Steph said...

The uber-annoying autoplay feature is gone. You're welcome. However, I am truly sorry for the new video as I'm sure it only fuels your concern for the future of our country.

The Latham Family said...

I saw this on SNL and I laughed my head off! I thought it was a spoof of Choo Choo Soul too (which, for some reason Mary is completely threatened by - she cries when it comes on). I think it's hilarious - you know with all the record scratching and what not.

Steph said...

Ginger... I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have laughed and laughed for the past week plus. Even my kids sing, "You can dance on, you can dance on, you can dance on top of a book!"

After talking to GJo the other day, I realized that some of you may not realize that the bottom youtube video is real footage from a real preschool show, Hip Hop Harry... even though it unfortunately seems like a joke at first glance. Anyway, I just wanted to make sure everyone here realizes it because it makes the SNL skit all that more brilliant. But what do I know? I have rabies for learnin'.

Steph said...

AHHHHHH, they took down the video. Dang, those folks at NBC are fast. Those folks have a deathgrip on their SNL material so that's why I had to settle for a lame-o bootleg version in the first place. Let's start a petition... bring back Da Learnin' Train!!!!