Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What the???

I know I said I wasn't looking to bash Obama here (and honestly, I'm not looking but this stuff keeps popping up and sucker-punching me in the face!) Regardless, the last time I checked I was a girl and girls reserve the right to change their minds. Hey, at least I still have a mind as it's now quite apparent to me that Obama has lost his! Let me back up and say that I'm not mad (per se) that he's offering an olive branch to the muslim community, although that certainly shows a certain large degree of naivete, but I'm fuming that this is his first interview as President of the United States. He could have made reaching out to the muslim community a priority but still given his first interview to a distinguished American journalist. For someone with a relatively high IQ, I would think he would realize how this is going to play with middle America (and don't say it doesn't matter because every President or Presidential hopeful cares how it will play in Peoria.) Not to mention that there can be no "mutual respect" with terrorists. Call me crazy but I don't respect Bin Laden nor his little Al-jibberjab sidekick. Arrrrgh, I'm regretting that I didn't actually go door-to-door for McCain now (0r at least wormed my way into his campaign to wield enough influence over their campaign tactics regarding his stance on attacking Obama's questionable muslim agenda.)

PS: A preemptive Letter from the Editor...

Dear Anonymous:
I see that you have stopped by Steph's Other Space at least a couple of times (or more if you're reading this) and while I appreciate your patronage, I would prefer that you assert your intellectual prowess by engaging in meaningful conversation as opposed to slinging words like "dummy," "idiot," and "retard." That said, you should know that I'm the Adrian Peterson of blog commentating, which means I can do it all day. (Read: All. Day.) In the past, someone has asked a question or stated a hypothesis and then we here at Steph's Other Space engage in scholarly dialogue. We may not all agree but we certainly don't resort to name-calling as the lowest common denominator. I assure you that you really don't want to go that route anyway as you have now ventured down into the Deep South where we tend to manifest God's love in a fashion more closely resembling Jesus clearing the temple than offering His other cheek. Now if you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus, please email me so we can discuss that matter in private because if you don't have a relationship with Jesus then anything you encounter here will be a mere gnat stuck to your windshield as you travel the great highway of life. If you have no interest in knowing Jesus then rest assured I have no interest in casting my pearls before swine. Perhaps you should just stick with MckMama's page, where--as you know--she is both funnier and a whole lot nicer.

To the other readers here at Steph's Other Space, I suggest we just freeze out "anonymous" and her/his infantile comments via the ole cold shoulder, though she may be impervious to such chilly tactics as she hails from coastal Washington state near Bellingham, give or take a few miles. God bless his/her yankee heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love those tracker programs? LOVE THEM! Can you delete their comments when they resort to infantile behavior?

Steph said...

Oh yeah, I can definitely delete them but what would be the fun in that?!?! :) No, seriously, I will delete anything that's majorly offensive but so far I've never had to. You know what is really sad though? I don't even have enough readership to rouse the spammers!