Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Target Observations

Today I was in Target (Tarj-ay for you fancy folk), and I noticed a trend with the clothes... everything's ugly and, uh yeah, MATERNITY. I mean some of the fabrics are pretty and all but it's hard for me to fork over my hard-earned cashola for a nonmaternity maternity shirt. Let's face it... I'm 29 and my youngest is 3 1/2. When you add that to the fact that both my sister and sis-in-law each have five kids, there possibly some speculation regarding the stork and my house. These would only add fuel to the fire, my friends. So let me put any postulating to rest: No more biological kids are planned for us. Alas, I am spayed. That's right, after our youngest was born, Bob Barker and I had a good long talk and we decided it was the only responsible thing to do. Good thing my husband got me from the pound... they gave us a 30% discount on the procedure! ;)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I've noticed the same thing! Argh!

Shannon said...

Um, I saw a lady in public in a green and blue dress version of that shirt, and honestly I thought, "what the heck has she got on?!" Is that what all the "cool people" will be wearing this fall? I'm glad I'm not a trendy dresser.