Sunday, September 23, 2007

What goes around...

...you know how the rest goes but you can click here to set the mood if you like. And no, I haven't been hiding under a rock, just sleeping under one because we are T.I.R.E.D. Luckily, it was just announced that our next kick-off is set for 4 PM instead of the 7 PM slot. Thank God for the little things! So, I'll mostly post about football right now because that's basically what my weekend consisted of. My apologies if this is not your subject of choice. Feel free to leave me a suggestion for future posts in the comment section (anything to get a comment from someone other than my three or four very sweet and encouraging fellow bloggers--and please know, much appreciated as well!)


Well, to sum up the season: live by the touchdown pass to the corner of the endzone, die by the touchdown pass to the corner of the endzone. Yes indeedy, what goes around, comes around. However, since I am nothing if not blindly optimistic and an overall ray of sunshine (har har), I have decided to jot down the upsides to losing that first game of the season. Here it be*:

1. I no longer have to worry with exactly what item of clothing was the key to my lucky outfit. (This certainly would have become an issue as the weather cooled.)

2. I'm pretty sure no one will accuse our coach of spying after that game. If anything, Georgia had our numbers. Unless our secret agent was the Pink Panther, it's pretty safe to assume we had no mole in their practice camp. Whatever went down, it surely did NOT give us a competitive edge.

3. I'm also not really worried anymore about my hubby being tempted by the a$tronomical ticket values on the scalpers market. The profits from two scalped tickets to the UA-LSU game if we had managed to roll in undefeated to an almost-certain-to-be-undefeated LSU team could have cut a big chunk outta our addition loan and I'm not sure my hubby could withstand the temptation!

4. No last-minute scrambling this week to vote on espn.com for our game-changing performance. Well, we're still on there this week (cuz that TD pass from Stafford was pretty sa-weet) but let's just say I won't worry myself with voting.

5. No dangerous trips to N'awlins for the Sugar Bowl National Championship game. And let's face it, I've been there, done that, and have the ring to show for it! (Well, not really a ring since they didn't give those out to us fans but I do have a nifty t-shirt that I wore for years as my "lucky" shirt!)

*Okay, okay. If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm being facetious (not to be confused with smart-ay). It SUCKED to lose and every Bama fan worth their salt expects to win every game, every year. So it only works out that way every 15 or so years but if you aim for nothing you'll surely hit it! Hats off to the Dawgs for a good game and thanks for plunging the dagger in our hearts quickly... I hate quintuple-OTs--unless we win.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

AWESOME post -- and extra credit points for the JT youtube! Made me laugh :)

I'm also glad for being able to wear a new shirt on Saturdays. The one that had become the lucky shirt this year is NOT the best shirt for carrying Captain around all day. YAY for switching up the Saturday outfit! (talk about finding some silver linings, eh?)

Roll Tide!