Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Gross Miscalculation

Well, I figured this would be a week to recover from last week's busy-ness but as the title states, that was a miscalculation on my part. You see, I swapped two field trips for two "Fall Celebrations" at the kids' respective schools and I also swapped the hubby's birthday and all the associated running around looking for a suitable present for halloween's associated running around. Incidentally, halloween (I can't even capitalize it) is my least favorite "holiday." I know, I know--I'm the GRINCH of halloween. Still, being the hypocrite I am, I begrudgingly participate in the dress up and candy portion of this day, mostly because my husband wants the kiddos to participate to some degree. It would not hurt my feelings in the least if this day went the way of the dodo bird. Alas, it has not so I have spent the past few days hand-painting cardboard boxes and Rit-dying courduroy pants and ironing letters onto shirts, etc. The end result will be pretty cute if I do say so myself. I will try to post pics soon but not much has changed from the previous posts about technical difficulties with the camera. It appears the SD card is corrupt but at least we were able to burn the existing pics onto CDs. Now we've got to get a new SD card or do something soon. There will be pics from tonight though, you can bet your bottom dollar because we've worked too hard to not document these costumes in film. I am hoping to make a real post in the morning to discuss the following topics: Why we no longer need halloween in this country, the Saban bowl, the final results in scorecard voting, and Che Guevera's hair (preferably in that order.)

PS-- Here's a few verses I find appropriate on good ole All Hallow's Eve (It's easier for me to just type than link to these verses):

" Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul." Matthew 10:28; "So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?'" Hebrews 13:6; "I, even I, am He who comforts you. Who are you that you fear mortal men, the sons of men, who are but grass." Isaiah 51:12; and of course there's this Holy nugget of truth "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:37-39. AMEN!

No comments: