Monday, October 22, 2007

Let's just say it wasn't bad...

There is much to say after the Tennessee game but I'll make it simple: It was the antithesis of the Skank Bowl and I'd drive to Tuscaloosa tonight to do it all over again if I could. But something tells me the dark, wet empty stadium on a Monday night just wouldn't be the same. So all I have now are the warm fuzzy memories, a few pics (that I will try to upload here at a later date), and a promise from my husband that he will hand-make a scorecard from the game to add to my collection. Now he could've just BOUGHT a real scorecard from the game (see post somewhere below regarding his *ahem* thriftiness) like I asked and avoided the task of carefully sketching a scorecard--because let's face it, I'm going to be picky at this point-- but he now has a whole 5 extra bucks to show for it so congrats, hon. You know, I'm really over it now but oh yeah, I'll take my wallet to the next game. If you want to read up on the weekend's sporting events, I suggest you check out al.com or tidesports.com or maybe even espn.go.com because there's too dang much to link to here. I do recognize that about 75% of my "fan base" doesn't care to relive most of the weekend. Understandable and I don't mean that in a smart-ay way... we've been there, done that about a gazillion times over the past few years and it, well, sucks. I also have thoughts about UA's textbook-gate and am in no way avoiding the subject... there's just not much info right now so I don't have an opinion yet. I can report that it didn't seem to rain on our parade this weekend. Other than posting some pics, I probably won't recap this weekend. We're approaching the 24-hour limit that Saban imposes on his team regarding wins or losses (you know, I'm like an honorary team captain and all) PLUS it's an off-weekend and I know my loyal readers are dying for me to post about other stuff. But guess what (chicken butt!) I have a muy busy week so I may not get to post much at all, though I'm going to try because posting is 100% for my benefit (as evidenced by the Dear Sister posts!) But hey, if someone else is reading then that's just gravy.

Until we meet again:
There's this (the stuff of nightmares and funny SNL skits--Sorry! it's sad, I know) and this (not looking so "crazy paranoid" anymore) and this (because isn't that all that really matters? PS- I heart Huckabee, too!) And of course, there's this...

PPS: You wouldn't believe how many choices I had on that last link--thank God for the video cell phone!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Great links again :)

LOVE the RJYGHA videos. INCREDIBLE! Made me wish I was there...

I laughed about the monkey attack btw. Dang, just laughed again while typing that. Something is wrong with us!