Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Never too busy...

... to stop and pray for Crosby and his family (or at least I try not to consider myself too busy) so I wanted to just share a Bible story that has been on my heart during this whole situation. For any of you who watch Veggietales, you know about Rack, Shack, and Benny and the fiery furnace. I think about the real people (Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego) and their unwaivering faith. Here's what they said:

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we
do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown
into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and He
will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if He does not, we want you
to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold
you have set up." Daniel 3:16-18

Even though things didn't go as planned (I doubt they expected God to let Nebby go as far as throwing them into the furnace) they were not going to stop worshipping their God, the one true God--I Am. I think Meredith has been a pillar of faith throughout this short yet exhausting journey thus far and I wish for a happy miraculous ending but I'm trying to pray for God's will to be done. Again, please join me (You can find a link to their Caring Bridge Journal on the side -->)

No comments: