Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Me and Julio

Down by the Capstone:




So much to get to and I don't even know where to begin. First, there's this. Do y'all think that's for real? I mean, it is TMZ... either way, it makes me giggle. She'd make an awesome First Grandmama, doncha think?

So I guess we'll talk politics first. I was happy about Huckabee's showing yesterday--obviously. But it doesn't amount to much other than he'll either be on McCain's ticket (which actually is quite significant) or he'll have a big say in who is. I told Plumberboy that McCain and Huckabee should just make out on Hannity & Colmes... it would be less obvious. Bee's his boo, mos' def'. And Romney, you just got served.

FOX NEWS ALERT! I want to punch Moron van der Slut (aka Joran van der Sloot) in the face. This situation is so sad (and one whale of a cautionary tale) but I take a measured amount of pleasure in knowing Joran's big, fat yapper finally did him in. He may not go to jail this time but you can bet he'll pay for all of this one way or the other. It is scary knowing people like him exist. And Mr. van der Eem: You Rock!

Okay, in order to come full circle, I shall explain why that clip is embedded into my blog. You see, one Mr. Julio Jones committed to Alabama today. I haven't followed recruiting for quite some time (since Bama got in big trouble over one Mr. Albert Means) but this year was a lot more interesting than most. It's still too early to gloat tell, but I assure you this (um yeah, that article was the top story on yahoo.com this hour) is what Mal Moore, Paul Bryant Jr, and the entire Bama fan base expected to get from Saban (to the tune of $4 mil or whatever it takes.) It's been 398 days (there's an official clock strapped Bryant Denny--duh!) and this is what he delivers. Bravo! Unfortunately, a quick scan at the top 5 recruiting classes over the last 5 years includes teams like Maryland and Purdue but they also include the likes of USC and LSU (here is interesting article that's much better written than mine but I'm guessing that dude's not handicapped by a 3-year-old hanging from his arm, begging to play Webkinz.) Did you notice who orchestrated the 2004 LSU recruiting class? Welcome to the Capstone, Prefresh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed in the Tide's recruiting class for the single reason that Saban FAILED to sign a deep snapper. There's no excuse for that.