Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Fat Tuesday

Sounds like a perfect follow up to Really Long Monday, right?!?! I mean, it's not just Fat Tuesday, it's Super Fat Tuesday. Going to be a long week, no?

No--in all actuality--today has been nice so far. We got up and moving early so we could vote before Ricky Bobby went to school. He wanted to wear his "I Voted" sticker to school and there was no way I was denying said request because *hello!* I was so proud that he cares. I can't stress enough how much I believe in taking your kids to the polls with you. My parents always drug me with them shared their voting experiences with me and even let me push the buttons in the booths. We don't have booths where I vote but my kids can still fight over slipping the ballot into the counting machine (and I assure you, they do!) I bet Ricky Bobby will remember that we were #048 for a lot longer than I will! Anyway, if you haven't gone yet and you live in a Super Tuesday state... GO VOTE! Or seriously, you're a Commie. And yes, I voted for Huckabee. It was a win-win voting for him. I really like Huckabee and in a perfect world he would be our candidate. But I also relish that voting for him essentially hurts Romney. McCain will be the Republican nominee so lets just deal with it people. I'm dealing and you know what? Maybe it's not so bad. I'll get into all that sometime when time allows as I'm definitely up against the clock now.

So to summarize today's post: VOTE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We vote at a church right next to our neighborhood, so we wheeled Mary Alice over in her wagon to vote. She proudly wore her "I'm a Georgia Peach Voter" sticker all day. It appears Huck may do better than some people gave him credit for. As for McCain, I may not love everything about him, but for some reason I do find him trustworthy so that's good for something I suppose.

Shannon said...

Yes, exactly, thank you. I like Huckabee, and I'd love to see him beat HilBama, but as long as Romney's not the Rep candidate, I'm happy. I'd take Ron Paul or McCain over him any day. But I would prefer him to Hilary or Obama.
I'm saying this now, and I may be TOTALLY wrong, but I think there's a possibility that because they are so neck-and-neck, whichever one wins the democratic nomination may very well ask the other one to be their VP. I kinda wish they could require each candidate to list like, their top 3 choices for VP before the primaries, just to give us an idea.
After I voted at the school, I checked on Ant, he asked me what I was doing there and I showed him my sticker. He asked me who I voted for and I said Huckabee and he asked if he was a republican, and when I said yes, he gave me a fist pump with a whispered YESSSS!