Monday, January 7, 2008

Ah, brudderly love...

Today this post is brought to you from my driveway so kudos again to Plumberboy for the laptop (although don't think for one minute that he hasn't loved this laptop every bit as much as me!) Anyway, the weather is so nice that I insisted the boys go outside for a little while and wow, this laptop is so much better than two-week-old People magazines for passing the time. Ricky Bobby is currently racking his brain for every excuse under the sun (literally) to go back inside but little does he know he's staying out here for at least another half-hour. I wish they understood that it's JANUARY and it's in the 70s so this is a limited time offer. Granted, we live in the south (so far south that Crabman has never seen snow) but still, it was a grand total of 17 degrees just a few days ago so I'm very appreciative of a day like today. And what a day it's been. Today was supposed to be the first day back at school for both the boys but as it turned out, only Crabman made it to school. That's because Ricky Bobby face-planted on our stone tile kitchen floor after breakfast this morning (thanks to a small but effective shove on the rear from Crabman.) He didn't go all out but there were many, many tears as well as an impressive amount of blood. There was also a large knot protruding from his trademark stork bite (which must act as some sort of makeshift target for his brother.) Thus what was supposed to be a morning chock-full of school and errands (and maybe a much-needed haircut?) turned into a panicked trip to the dentist followed by a decidely non-Ferris Bueller's Day Off after they pulled one of Ricky Bobby's teeth. I just didn't have the heart to make his teacher deal with a goose egg and a mouth full of bloody gauze, at least not on her first day back from the break.


Since pics (and especially video) are worth a thousand words:

Come on, Ricky Bobby, it's not that bad...

They're both my favorites...




As always, I have lots of other things I'd love to "discuss" here (and by discuss I really mean me post an entry, many of you read it, and one--at the maximum, two--of you comment much to my chagrin) Alas, it ain't happenin' today... But also as always, I do have time for a quick football post. Have you heard that June Jones is going to SMwho?U? Check out his salary and then maybe it will put Saban's salary into context. Man, so many coaches are going to be up in arms about SMU paying him $2 mil... but you can bet that won't be so much as a blip on the radar because Jones is a media darling (at least by default.) Regardless, my prediction is Jones will have SMU back in the saddle again soon (pun intended) and will in fact earn that nice paycheck. Here's to sticking it to the NCAA, o' Mustangs!

I'll be back atcha tomorrow, pending brudderly retaliation...

PS--I think this has been sufficiently covered by now but I am most definitely a Buckeye tonight. They'll take the Tigers by 20... (bold prediction by Steph=win by LSU...crap!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beat the Buckeye thugs. Geaux Tigers Pimps.

Shannon said...

It's so funny how your house sounds so much like my house! We've got LOTS of brudderly love over here.
When Ant was 5 and Jon was 4, they were running down the hall in my 'rents house towards their room and Jon had the lead, so Ant shoved him from behind just enough for him to land face first on the corner of their end-of-the-bed-large-wooden-trunk-thing. He had his forehead 'glued' together that time.
Most recently, the VERY DAY I told my Uncle & Aunt we haven't had any accidents lately, Ant decided Jon was walking home too slow, went back to him to hit him upside the head with his backpack, splitting the top of his ear open. Jon was quite proud of his 4 stitches and 'decorative headwrap' that he got to sport on Oct31. They make me have a new appreciation for being an only child!

PS-It's 2nd quarter and your prediction ain't lookin too good...we'll see!

Shannon said...

That's a goose egg, alright!