Monday, January 28, 2008

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming...

So I wanted to leave my last post up there for a while because A) it was LONG and probably took people multiple visits to this site to plow through it. Thanks to those of you who did! B) I enjoyed knowing people were reading about Jesus when they came to this site. So I have labeled a couple of the posts from last week as "A Must-Read Post" in hopes that visitors to this site will, if nothing else, at least check out those posts while at Steph's Other Space. Again, thanks for taking the time to read it and thanks for the kind words. It's been amazing to see how many people God has brought to this site through the Burgess family's loss. (On an odd sidenote, this image brings people to my site almost daily. Truly strange indeed!) Anyway, Rick's youtube videos from his son's funeral are at over 350,000 hits in less than a week plus the videos are on Godtube.com as well as being distributed privately on DVDs (for free of course and with Rick's blessing). The Rick and Bubba Show announced this morning that at one point last week, they were the #1 most searched in the world. Not sure where they got that fact or else I'd link to it but I wouldn't be surprised! Just amazing! So praise be to God from whom all blessings flow!


Okay, so I have lots of things I would like to cover sometime today. I have some thoughts on my recent trips to Sam's along with (of course!) some thoughts on the 25th* anniversary of Bear Bryant's death. I have yet to talk about the round ball (aka basketball) on this site and there is the ever-pervasive political situation as well. So hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things soon, random randomness and all. Until then... enjoy these snow pics (and a few other random pics) from our time near Birmingham last weekend!

Life-size Ricky Bobby on Aisle 7:


Not a natural blonde... quelle shock!


Da snow, da snow!


They were so proud:


Don't eat the yellow snow! I'm just sayin'...



*Thanks to an observant reader for pointing out that 1983 was only 25 years ago. Roll Tide... HAR!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Ok, what's up with the Garfield?
Y'all got plenty of white stuff, that's a pretty impressive snowman!

On a political note, I had no idea Ted Kennedy was such a good speaker. It in no way changes my mind, of course, but I'm sure that speech appealed to lots of undecided's.

Stacy said...

GREAT pictures. RB always makes me laugh.

You need to edit, though...The Bear died only 25 years ago.

I'm with you about keeping the Burgess-related post on top for a while. Good idea for your tag!

I don't get the Garfield thing either... People are searching for that pic and you have it somewhere? Please explain...

Steph said...

Shannon, seriously people come from all over the WORLD because of that silly Garfield pic. I originally put it in my post about the Clemson-AU game because the Clemson tiger looks like a mutant form of Garfield. It's just terrible. Go back and take a look somewhere in the December posts. Stacy, your advice was duly noted and I changed the anniversary date. I feel kind of stupid. Hey, history major--not math major. :) Shannon, I though Ted Kennedy sounded like Paul Harvey, voice-wise. If you thought Teddy sounded good yesterday, you should hear him when he's drunk! Man, those Dems are out for blood this year. Losing must not sit well with them. I'll have to post sometime about Plumberboy's dad working for JFK in the white house. Like seriously, they were buddies and whatnot. When my FIL was growing up, they had a phone in their house that supposedly rang straight to the White House. But let me tell ya, Grampa ain't talking about it! I've tried...

As always, thanks for the comments ladies.

Jenny said...

Great post and pics! Why do you call him Ricky Bobby?