Friday, December 7, 2007

Remember Pearl Harbor

And thank a WWII vet today (everyday) if you can! My grandpa was not at Pearl Harbor during the attack but he assisted in the clean-up shortly thereafter. He was supposed to be interviewed today by a local group collecting WWII stories. I'm not sure of all the details but hopefully I'll be able to pass along some info (and a link!) at a later date. I am certainly proud of his service. Hey G-Jo, feel free to comment with an update.

Okay, so I was at Walmart today and saw two shirts in the KIDS' department that made me cringe. One said "Naughty or Nice: I get everything I want" and the other said (gagging as I type this) "Oh Come Let Us Adore Me" I wanted to stand there by the rack and shoot rubber bullets dirty looks at anyone who wanted to buy them. And to think: That is the generation that will take care of me if/when I get old. UGH.

Well, that's it for me today. Plumberboy is in a wedding so I have a rehearsal dinner to attend tonight and the wedding tomorrow afternoon. Last week a pallbearer at a funeral, this week a groomsman at a wedding. To everything there is a season (turn...turn...turn) I supose. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I guess I better return those shirts for your boys, then....oops. I thought you would like them!

Seriously, UGH!

I think the interview today went very well. It's for the Library of Congress (??) I think.

Jenny said...

Speaking of tshirts...one day this past week I saw a student (and I use that term loosely) walking down the hall with a shirt on that said, "Oh I Just Remembered---I don't care!" She was a slovenly looking child. Obviously she lives by her motto.