Sunday, December 30, 2007

What's this bowl called again?

All I can seem to remember is that Bama plays on Sunday this week while the Pats played on Saturday... it's a world gone mad! I can't jump straight into Bama ball without first rehashing the Pats-Giants game. Did you see that Brady-to-Moss touchdown pass? I really haven't felt that kind of rush ever in a pro game. I can only hope Daniel Moore will recognize the considerable money-making opportunity and wave his magic wand to recreate the moment. Our little family would probably preorder at least two prints. Anyhoo, it's been fun watching Don Shula almost choke on his words of congratulations. I do hate it for one Mr. Captain Crunch who is a bona fide nice guy and happens to be the uncle of one of our dearest friends. He's the only reason I'm not cracking open a bottle of champagne as I type this. Well, that and the fact that I'm a teetotaler. And oh yeah, they still have 3 more games to go...

Okay, so now onto Bama. I hope they play well tonight. Yup, that's about it. I don't have any real thoughts on the game other than that. The Saban Dance (heck yeah I worked it into the conversation!) is about as far as I've followed the bowl game preparations. And in the past I've always liked Colorado. I thought they beat Miami back in the day (turns out they just beat up on Miami back in the day--see if you can spot The Rock) and of course they've got Ralphie and all. (Just FYI... my neighbors--HUGE AUBS--claim to have seen the Colorado cheerleaders bathing Ralphie in the Atlantic Ocean in prep for a game several years ago. Just thought that was a cool story to share with you, my dear readers.) But now, I'm not feeling the Buffs so much anymore. First there was this and now this. So I guess that's enough to get sufficiently pumped tonight, even after a long and exhaustive Holiday week. Well, that and the fact that the SENIORS ARE OUTTA HERE! Roll Tide to all and to all a good night!

PS-- Why the heck does the University of Colorado go by CU?!?!?! If you know, do share please. Much thanks!

No comments: