Friday, November 9, 2007

Because everybody else is doin' it...

... so as I've mentioned before, this blog is purely for my entertainment so basically I'll do as I please, even though I know this post is going to bore each and every one of you into oblivion. But I've had a long, long (long) day so mostly I'm looking for an excuse to veg out on the computer...I look like I'm working so hard, pounding away at my keyboard so no one asks me to do anything. Really, it's pretty nice... you should all get a blog and try it.

And since I get to enjoy a Saturday at home, I decided to make the day more interesting by going "on the record" with my picks. Yeah, boring I know--sue me.

Florida at South Carolina: South Carolina... Urban Meyer is a goob. And rhythmic clapping never beat anybody in the SEC.

USC at Cal: Cal just because USC is on the downswing.

Texas A&M at Missouri: A&M wins as Fran makes a last-ditch (futile) effort to save his job.

La Tech at LSU: I wish La Tech, I mean I really wish La Tech, but LSU will roll them. Less, watch out for the Rebs though... in case I don't get a chance to say it before next week I take Ole Miss in that match-up.

Kansas at Oklahoma State: The Pokes coach cracks me up but I don't think he's really that good of a coach... plus, Kansas is getting hosed this year and are REALLY REALLY good. They crush the Cowboys on Saturday.

Air Force at Notre Dame: Ticked about being an underdog, Notre Dame doubles their wins this season with a victory over Air Force.

Arkansas at Tennessee: Arkansas finally takes one from Tennessee (start packing Phil!) Does anybody else remember that Arkansas quarterback (Clint Stoerner?) laying the ball on the ground for UT several years ago? I still think he was paid. My gosh I'm a loser for remembering that.

Illinois at Ohio State: UPSET ALERT! Ron Zook is kind of a dweeb but I pick the Illini to make the BCS ratings that much more confusing (and political).

Auburn at Georgia: Flip a coin... I don't know how I feel about this game and am probably too emotionally invested to make an accurate pick. However, I think Georgia LOSES this game if they wear those ridiculous black jerseys. Otherwise, I give them the edge in a very close one. Tubbs, true to his Riverboat Gambler image, makes it very hard to gauge whether or not he's focused on his job or handing out resumes. Seriously, flip a coin.

Alabama at Mississippi State: I'm telling you, my husband can't stand the "Go State... Go State!" cheer. Ironically, my oldest son (and football "Rainman") loves Mississippi State, primarily because of Bully the bulldog mascot. Our stuffed Bully will "magically" disappear tomorrow morning... Anyway, back to the game. Mississippi State is probably a better team than they get credit for. They know they are disrepected in the SEC (and country) right now so they are ripe for an upset. But I, probably against better judgment, pick Bama to win in a rout. In further related step-outs, I envision UA's secondary having a field day.

Well, as of Sunday you will probaby see why I don't do this for a living (legally or off-shore) but I figured it would be fun to put my butt on the line with a few picks. And seriously, no one is actually going to take the time to read this post so what's there to lose? ROLL TIDE and enjoy your weekend.

PS-- I assure you once football season is over, I will cover other topics. In fact, if my calculations are correct, 2008 is an election year which means I'll probably perch myself on a soapbox for most of the year (11 outta 12). Trust me, you'll either quit reading or long for football season...

1 comment:

Steph said...

I can't believe no one has called me out on these horrendous picks! It's been two weeks and still not so much as a peep from anyone. Perhaps you all just silently lost respect ("what respect?" you say!) Anyhoo, here's my much-overdue thoughts on those crappy picks. And please, please keep in mind I reversed all these picks after the UA-MSU game early in the day! HA! :)

1. Florida pretty much rolled up on South Carolina. Thought the Old Ball Coach still had it in him but me thinks he's close to retirement. I stand by my assessment that Urban Meyer is a goob.
2. USC nipped Cal by a touchdown but did anybody really even care? I had to look that score up on the internet. Maybe next year, cute little Bears.
3. This pick was a win-win situation. Fran lost so I'm not sad about getting this one wrong.
4. La Tech made it an interesting... FIRST HALF! And man, did Colonel Reb let me down.
5. Kansas took care of business as expected. And for the record, I made the comment about Kansas crushing the other team before I realized their coach weighs like 500+ pounds.
6. Yay for another service academy! I was just a week off...Notre Dame got that elusive 2nd win the next week.
7. Right moving van, wrong coach. Start packing Nutt.
8. THE ONLY PICK THAT REDEEMED ME! Thanks Zooks!
9. Man, I have enough thoughts on this game to write another post. I like UGA but Richt is not doing them any favors by turning them into a WWF road show. Ripping off jerseys? Partying in the endzone? I say this with all the brotherly love I can muster, "Bulldogs, act like you've been there before." Overall, not a bad game in my mind. :)
10. What?!? I was so totally right on about the secondary having a field day... just wrong about the jersey's shade of red. The maroon had a field day picking off (and running back) JPW's lame ducks. Just another sad day in November for the Tide... :(