Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's great to be...

...from Alabama! That article is a much-needed ego boost after the past weekend (okay--not gonna lie--the past month! okay--not gonna lie--the past 4 years!) And I've always liked Major Applewhite (pointless tidbit: "Major" was a finalist in kids' names for us) but I don't think anyone is going to be too sad to see him go. Most think he really screwed up JPW's game but I've also heard interesting little rumors here and there as to the real reason for JPW's football demise. Of course, I won't purport them here... that would be irresponsible. ;)

On a related note, it's so nice to not otherwise have Alabama taking a spin on the the good ole coaching carousel this year (at least so far!) Last year I about burned up my motherboard tracking planes, trolling message boards, and stalking blogs for updates--all the while my husband was face-down from his second retinal detachment surgery. Thank you God for a better 2007 (at least so far!)

Seriously--I've got work to do, people, so that will hopefully be it for me now. Not sure if I'll be around tomorrow or not because of a funeral but either way, I've got so much typing to do that I really have no good excuse to be here other than I {{{love}}} my readers (well, at least those of you I know!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Major was a finalist for which kid? The names you ended up with are much better. I'd have a hard time calling any of your kids Major.

Steph said...

We considered Major with the oldest one. Some might not think he got a better deal with his name, though.