Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Calling it...

It's about 8:40 PM and I think it's safe to say the election is Obama's. Well, I guess Oprah won't have to return her fancy (probably $150,000+) dress. Now everybody just take a deep breath and remember:

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed...Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.
For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2nd Corinthians 4:8-9, 16-17

2 comments:

Steph said...

Preemptive comment to LR: That comment about Oprah's dress was in no way directed at you. It's a swipe at the media, I promise. Just didn't want you to think I'm picking on you! Now I'm calling it a day and heading to bed. I think I need to dream of better days...

Anonymous said...

GOD is still GOD and will always be! He CAN'T take that away from us. All we can do now is to pray, pray, pray that God will raise His almighty hand and protect us!! (Of course, we would have had to do that no matter who won!)