Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hey Demos...

You like where this economy is headin'? Look, I'm honestly not trying to pick a fight... I'm simply trying to point out that electing Obama was NOT (I repeat, NOT!) a cure-all for the malaise this country sinks further into everyday. Now we are going to have Obama and his cronies in office making decisions as all of this unfolds. I suspect we won't be happy with the results but hey, it's change nonetheless, right? Not that McCain himself would have done any better, but have you ever paid attention to some of the big name and exceedingly successful businessmen/women who supported him (and probably would have served in his cabinet of advisors in some form or fashion)? I can't imagine who Obama will put in charge of all of this... I just know that I've never, ever been impressed with the company he keeps. Regardless, watch this economy further tank with nothing but a bunch of flashy-n-sexy-yet-empty promises to hang its hat on. Great job, citizens!

PS: Neal Cavuto's head is going to explode... literally just explode right there on the Fox News set.

PPS: Sorry if you came here looking for a cheery, nonpartisan pick-me-up after watching your 401K shrink back to its 2002 value. This is my blog and I'll bitch whine if I want to. As always, you're welcome to leave comments and bitch whine right back!

3 comments:

Haynes Our Way said...

The best thing we can do is pray for our new president. Pray for the people around him.

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more with every single thing you said. I am not over being absolutely livid that he was elected, and scared to death of what is to come. Thank you for posting this.

Steph said...

Stacie... I agree and I'm glad that we as a body of believers are more motivated to pray than ever (regardless of the reasons!) I think that is one thing God would like for us to glean from this situation.

Ginger, I'm glad someone out there appreciated this little rant (believe me, there's more where that came from!) but I'm honestly trying to keep a lid on it. I'm probably more frustrated with the entire Democratic representation rather than Obama himself. Pelosi now wants to bail out the "Big 3" US automakers since election day has come and gone and it is total "bait and switch" (shall we abbreviate it as BS?) I refuse to let it go unchecked... and while I acknowledge that there's really nothing me and my little blog can do, I'll be darned if I'm going to turn a blind and/or ignorant eye towards it. I lack a lot of things but I don't think I lack observatory skills... too bad I can't say the same for about 52% of the general US population.