Wednesday, November 5, 2008

File this under "Craziness That Is My Life"

I will make this quick because boyoboy do I have a lot to do over the next 36 hours. Turns out I'm going to Baton Rouge! I know, are you friggin' kiddin' me?!?!? It looks like I'll have regular-priced tickets sitting next to an Alabama fan... how sweet is that? (Ask me AFTER the game I suppose!) Anyway, after much gnashing of teeth, it turns out Plumberboy will stay home and I'll make the trip with my dad (probably safer because he's always packin heat.) Not that it won't be fun with my dad (football is definitely our thing) but I would love to have a getaway with my husband. Alas, this is the most responsible, adult-like (read: ridiculously mature/old/boring for our age) thing to do. There were several things that factored into the decision, not the least of which is our two children behaving like hooligans over the past month. They are exhausted, thus out-of-control, so we think it's best for them to stay home for the weekend. Obviously they can't stay home by themselves and if you've been following me here at Steph's Other Space then you know who's turn it is to go (if not, you can brief yourself here.) Clemson-Schmemson... I'm going to Death Valley!!!! Full report upon my return so long as I actually make a return. If not then at least one parent has been left behind to care for the kiddos...

Note to self: Add provision to my will for someone to help Plumberboy dress the kids each day, a "clothing godmother" so to speak. Be sure to have it signed, witnessed, and notorized before Saturday at 2:30 PM CST.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have fun. i am so jealous i can barely stand it!