Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whew... that was close!

Do you guys remember when UA basically hired Rich Rodriquez and then he backed out (purportedly after reading some of the bigoted posts all over the Bama boards about his Hispanic heritage... not to mention his wife)?!? Well, turns out we dodged a bullet so a big thanks to those ig-no-ray-mooses, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Anyway, this all reminds me of a funny pic we took the night the news broke that Rich-Rod would be our new coach (note Crabman's enthusiasm... har. har.):


I remember feeling so low when he officially announced he was staying at West Virginia. All the pundits, et al (read: I'm actually talking about obnoxious rival fans) went on and on about how we would never find a coach, no one wants to coach us bunch o' lunatics, yada yada. All I got to say is:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That post was hilarious! You know the two times that I have been to NYC, Alabama football has made it on the scrolling news in Times Square.

The first time was when Rich finally made the announcement that he was not coming to Alabama and the second time was last year when Miss St. beat us.

The Tide has not served me well in NYC - which is why I have decided to not go this year. haha

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! Roll Tide!