Friday, November 14, 2008

Yet another reason I'm growing REALLY fond of Nick Saban (NOW UPDATED WITH TWO VIDEOS!)

Here's a direct quote--update: turns out to be more of a paraphrase but tomato, tamato--from Nick Saban's call-in radio show last night (courtesty of Ian Rapoport's blog... I always try to give credit where credit is due):

"On paper, people say we should beat Mississippi State," Saban said, getting worked up. "But this team has worked its tail off and won in some hostile environments and done everything we've asked them to do. And when you get to that stadium, I don't give a (beep!) who we're playing, you have to be loud for what these guys have done. You have to show some appreciation for what they've done. If you want to know how I feel, THAT'S HOW I FEEL!"

Duly noted...I'll be there (freezing my biscuits off) but will do my best to be loud. A'ight?


UPDATE: (Fast forward to about the 2:45 if you want to hear the quote OR just watch the whole thing and get really fired up!)


PS: That's not as overall entertaining as Saban Dance but it's a close 2nd. Hey Nick, you were born to coach at The Capstone!

I believe the Crimson Nation finally (and I mean finally!) has an answer to this age-old question:

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Dang #1- that guy took a long time to ask that question! and Dang #2- that passion brought a tear to my eye! but then again, as I've said before, I'm a big crybaby... ROLL TIDE! I can't wait til Saturday night! Wish I had the $ to buy your tix!

Steph said...

Shannon... you'll be happy when you are snug as a bug inside your WARM house with a better view of the game than I'll have! :) Those tickets are gone now anyway but keep the faith... someday you'll get a chance to go!

Oh yeah, I bet there are plenty of old-timers (men) who get a little sentimental when they hear that Saban rant so don't feel bad. These truly are special times...